How to Set Up www.office.com/setup your PC or Mac?
There are two types of plans that Office Suite offers its users to choose from. One is Office for home to serve your domestic needs and the other is Office for business packed with features to expedite and enhance a business. One needs to follow a proper procedure to complete the download, installation and activation of both versions. There is a slight difference between the procedures to setup office for Home and Business versions that you’ll get to know as you proceed.
Download Microsoft Office on PC
Install Microsoft Office for home on PC
We will walk you through a series of steps to complete the set up of Office on your PC.
1. Download Office on PC
There are several Office suites for home products that come along with a product key. This will associate your work, school or Microsoft account with Office. If your product has one, sign in to your already existing Microsoft account before you install Office for the very first time. If you don’t have an account, create one by visiting office.com
After a successful sign-in, you need to follow the steps matching your type of account you used for sign-in.
Steps to follow in case of Sign-In with Microsoft Account
- Select ‘Install Office’ from Office home page.
- Click on ‘Install’ or ‘Install Office’.
Steps to follow in case of Sign-In with a work or school account
- Select ‘Install Office apps’ from the Office Suite home pageby visiting office.com.
- Select ‘Office apps’ to initiate the installation.
These steps will download Microsoft office on your PC.’
2. Install Office on PC
After download is complete, install Office on PC by selecting Run for ‘Edge’ or ‘Internet Explorer’, Setup in Chrome or Save File in Firefox. The moment you select a particular option depending upon your browser, the installation begins.
Consider your installation finished when a message showing ‘Office is installed now.’ appears on screen. Click on ‘Close’ option displayed on the screen.
In case you across any issues while downloading or installing Office, you can visit support.office.com/setup and get assistance instantly.
3. Activate Office on PC
Follow the steps below to activate Office on your PC –
- Click on the ‘Start’ button showing in the lower-left of your screen and type the name of the Office app you wish to open. For example, if you wish to open Microsoft Word, type in ‘Word’.
- Select the icon of the app you searched for in the search results.
- Accept the license agreement after the Office app you selected opens up. The moment you accept it, you are ready to go as your office.com/setup is complete with a proper download, installation and activation of Office suite through using office.com/setup.
A Detailed Guide to Install Microsoft Office for Business on PC
The steps you need to follow to setup Office for business purposes are almost same. The difference lies in the fact that you won’t see ‘Install’ option to download Office apps unless someone else in your organization assigns a license to you or you’re an Office Admin yourself. You need to confirm whether you have the license by viewings ‘Settings’. If you don’t have the license, you may end up getting some issues like:
- No installation button while trying to install Office on your PC.
- An error message or inaccessibility of site while trying to sign in to OneDrive for Business.
- You try to use Word, Excel or any other app online but are redirected to Settings page with a message indicating that you don’t have the license needed.
In case you face any such issue, get in touch with Office suite admin or IT staff in your organization to help you acquire the license or find a feasible alternative. In case you are an admin yourself, you can add the license yourself.
Once you’re done with acquiring the proper license, you need to follow the same steps as those in case of setup of Office on your PC.
Download Microsoft Office on Mac from Office.com/setup
1. Sign-in to Office on Mac
The steps one needs to follow to sign-in to Home and Business versions through visiting office.com are the same as those in case of sign-in on PC.
The difference lies in the procedure to install and activate Office on Mac that you’ll get to comprehend as you proceed.
2. Install Office on Mac
After you’re done with successful download and sign-in, you need to follow the steps as mentioned below to achieve successful installation:
- Open Finder, go to ‘Downloads’ and double-click the file by the name Microsoft Office installer.pkg showing up there.
- Click on ‘Continue’ that appears on the first installation screen. Your installation has begun.
- A software license agreement will be displayed on screen. Review it and press ‘Continue’.
- Select ‘Agree’ to accept the terms and conditions laid down in the license agreement.
- Choose the way you want to install Microsoft Office and click ‘Continue’.
- In case you want to review your disk space requirements, go for it. If you want to change the location of installation, do it. Click ‘Install’.
There is one more thing you can do at this step. In case you don’t want to install the entire Office suite, you can click ‘Customise’ button to uncheck the programs you don’t need on your phone.
- Type in your Mac login password (the password you use to log in to Mac), if prompted. Click ‘Install Software’ after that. The moment you click it, the software will begin to install.
- Click on ‘Close’ as the installation is finished.
3. Launch Office on Mac app
- A Launchpad icon will appear in the Dock. Click it. It will display all your apps.
- There will be a Microsoft Word icon visible in the Launchpad. Click it.
- What’s New window opens automatically the moment you launch Word. Click ‘Get Started’ to start activation.
4. Activate Office on Mac
After you’re done with initiating the activation using ‘Get Started’, type in the email address associated with Office for Mac. Click ‘Next’. Type in the password in the space provided for a successful sign-in.
5. After the system completes the check to verify whether you have the required license, it will activate the product.
6. With the completion of the activation process, you are free to use the Microsoft Office suite.
In handy for whatever the purpose you need it for. Be it your home, or your office, or your business firm, install Microsoft Office and get yourself set with the unique features it offers to its users.
All you need to do is visit www.office.com/setup and follow the series of steps that fit your device. Though installing Microsoft is not that tedious, one can still face issues while doing so. One can also face issues while working on it. In that case, all you need to do is simply visit support.office.com/setup and consider your issues resolved.